Saturday, January 7, 2012

New Year, New Things

So evidently this year has found me trying out lots of new things that I have always said I wanted to do instead of just blogging. I had to work Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday night this week so Tuesday morning I decided to make up some meals so we could have healthy wholesome food for the week.

I first started out with some stuffed bell peppers, this was my first time as this something I have wanted to try but never took the time to do. They turned out pretty good other than the peppers wanting to fall apart when coming out, I'll have to investigate on how to prevent this from happening next time. Advice is welcomed!
 Then I made up some steak stir-fry, "noodles" from a spaghetti squash, meat sauce, salad (no yucky iceberg for me) and lots of topping already cut up like squash, cucumbers, onions, and mushrooms. And I pre cut some carrots for some yummy carrot fries.
 And of course in my household we can not leave out the chicken.
This was amazing. I could actually get sleep and my workouts in and didn't have to eat anything from fast food all week! And I could actually make it to work early. Go me! All of this preparation allowed me to have lunches like this at 1 in the morning 

Going for a lot of firsts on Tuesday I went to my very first yoga class. This was pretty interesting I actually enjoyed it. That is until the next day when my abs were sore from all the breathing. I will continue to go back, I signed up for a 10 week class and hope that it helps with all more soreness from CrossFit and makes me a little more flexible. Seeming how I currently am unable to touch my toes.

Continuing on my streak of first last night I tried out the Thai food restaurant that I had been eyeing. It was really good, besides Cadence making a mess of her rice everywhere. But at least she ate good. 

So that's my thoughts for the week. I'm loving 2012 so far and am continually blessed more than I deserve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment